Customized by Nangi
Are you looking for that perfect engagement ring? Or maybe you just want your own custom-made piece? Having the honor of creating something truly unique just for you, is one of the most rewarding parts of our business. We promise to guide you throughout the entire process so you can be confident the result will be exactly as you had envisioned.
What is “Custom Design”?
Whether you want to change or build on one of our existing pieces or create something entirely different, our custom design service caters to both.
We specialize in rings, but we can of course also create other pieces of fine jewelry ranging from necklaces to bracelets, push presents to anniversary gifts, and more.
We work with customers all over the world to bring their visions to life. We offer an intimate and personalized service, available both virtually and in person in our Oslo Studio Store.
Our custom design service starts at 25 000 NOK / 2 500 EUR / 2 500 USD.
The custom design process starts with an initial consultation, and here we lay the groundwork for what we are looking to create and gain an understanding of your vision. At this stage, which comes at no charge, we look at gemstones and design elements, metals, budgets, timeframes and so on. These elements aren't always clearly defined initially, and sometimes take some time to work through – which is where the fun begins.
Everything we do is hand crafted to order by our small team of jewelers. Once all the elements are landed, your piece is set into production. The production process can take anywhere between 5-12 weeks. If you have a specific date in mind that you would like your piece by, please flag this at the beginning of the process.
We always recommend waiting to receive your finished ring before booking any special plans for proposals. The nature of handmade jewelry is that there is always the possibility that something could delay at the last-minute. We will be in touch every few weeks throughout this waiting period to let you know how your piece is progressing and to answer any questions you may have.
The Custom Process
- Inspiration: Visit our Gemstone Gallery and Custom Lookbook to browse our available colored gemstones and our gallery of popular ring setting styles. Our rings are designed and modified specifically to fit the center stone of your choosing. Note that we are always adding new designs and new gems to our online inventory.
- Consultation: Contact us via phone or email, and we'll get back to you within 48 hours. We'll start the dialogue either in-person or remotely, depending on what you prefer, to discuss your vision. Through our consultation, we can discuss if a specific gemstone is a better match for your color, size or style preferences. We can also give you recommendations as to which designs, colored gemstones and/or lab-grown diamonds are within your budget.
- Quotation: Once we're in agreement on the ring design and the center stone of your choosing, we'll send a quotation for your approval. Note that there are no additional costs for you to bear, as the quotation includes all ring components, production, packaging, certificate, shipping, as well as local taxes and duties.
- Payment and financing: Once we have received a confirmation from you, we will email you an invoice so you can make a bank transfer. There is no invoice fee, and the invoice must be paid within 7 days. For international clients, we will provide you with all the details you need to make an international transfer. The invoice can be split in two should you prefer this, or we can arrange payment in installments via our financing partner Klarna. If you prefer to pay by credit or debit card, we can also email you a direct payment link via our payment provider Stripe. Please note that we are unable to ship your custom piece until payment has been received in full.
- Confirmation, scheduling and production: Once your payment has been received, your piece will be scheduled for production. The production process can take anywhere between 5-12 weeks. If you have a specific date in mind that you would like your piece by, please flag this at the beginning of the process.
- Completion: Once your unique piece is complete, we will be in touch with an image and to request delivery instructions. We will ship it to you fully ensured with DHL Express. Note that the ring is our responsibility until it is delivered to you. Now the ring is yours and ready to be worn and treasured forever.
CONTACT US TO START THE CUSTOM PROCESS
Learn more about the process by reading our articles
A Guide To Gemstone Cuts & Shapes
What's the Difference Between Carat and Karat?
How to Personalize Your Fine Jewelry